Aim of Make Way Day:
• Recognise that people with disabilities have the same right to use and enjoy public spaces that we all share.
• Acknowledge obstacles which people with disabilities face in their daily lives, including badly parked vehicles and bicycles, billboards, over-grown hedges and other ill-placed hazards.
• Understand that most obstacles are caused by thoughtlessness and genuine lack of awareness.
How you can get involved:
• On Thursday, 26 September, members of the public are encouraged to draw attention to the challenges posed by everyday obstructions within our towns.
• We are inviting the public to take pictures of obstacles encountered (parked cars on footpaths, bikes chained to railings, sandwich boards and overhanging branches) and to post pictures to social media. Include #makewayday #makewayClare and to tag @makewayday and @disabilityfed in the post.
• Persons who do not have access to social media on 26 September may email email@example.com with photographs of obstructions they have encountered. Obstructions requiring intervention by Clare County Council will be referred to the relevant Council department for review and response