We welcomed four sisters of Mercy from Kenya to the Cathedral recently. The Sisters are preparing for final profession and are on a Pilgrimage to Ireland tracing the roots of their foundress Mother Catherine Mc Auley. The Sisters were accompanied by Sr. Patricia O’Meara, one of the many Mercy Sisters from the Killaloe Diocese who ministered in Kenya and helped sow the seed of Vocations in these young ladies. The Sisters are photographed at the Mission Cross in the Cathedral grounds, erected after the famous parish mission of 1853 in which the decision was made to invite the Sisters of Mercy to come to Ennis. The first Sisters came the following year and we have a presence of the Sisters of Mercy to this very day.
- Our Parish