Scouting in Ennis celebrated 90 years on Saturday 17th September when the scouting fraternity gathered for the official opening of the new Scout Hall on the grounds of Ennis Cathedral. The celebrations began when Bishop Fintan Monahan blessed the new extension before the chief Scout for Ireland Gill  Pitcher Farrell and the youngest member of the Ennis Scouts cut the ribbon. This was followed by a number of speeches and an opportunity for people to chat and reminisce.
Scouting began in Ennis in 1932 by local curate Fr Madden with Frank Dowling, a dentist from Bindon Street, as District Commissioner. The Scout Master was Stephen Tuohy.